Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Altec 406

  1. #1
    Inactive Member AstroSonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Anyone have info on the Altec 406 -8C or 8Y?
    Its a 10-inch cast frame woofer used in the early 70's. I am especially interested in the T/S parameters and the sensitivity (or efficiency). I am really looking for a high efficiency woofer to be used in a 3-4 cf BR crossed to a horn at around 2 kHz. Any recommendations appreciated

    Regards,

    Bob

  2. #2
    Inactive Member harpman's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2004
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Bob.

    Cant help much, I know the 406 8y came in the Bolero speaker cabinets. I have two of these cabinets. Oddly , the top woofer in both cabs do not have drivers, and look as if they never had. I really need a few vintage alnico 8 inchers for playing harp. If you have a need for these let me know. Got any specs on em?

    George

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.